The semi-professional PlayStation NPL competition which spans eight states and territories is entering its fourth season. Already hailed as an important stepping stone for aspiring young footballers a pathway to the Hyundai A-League. The PlayStation NPL has already developed 35 players who have gone on to sign with Hyundai A-League teams.
The PS4 Pathway Player of the Year Award will provide young footballers additional opportunities to make it to the professional football arena. The selection criteria to be considered for the award are:
- The player must be aged between 16 and 20 years of age.
- The player cannot be registered to a A-League team during the:
- Foxtel Youth League 2015/16 Season
- Hyundai A-League 2015/16 Season or
- PS4 National Premier League 2016 Season
Selected players will participate in a two-day camp to be held at Football New South Wales’ state-of-the-art training ground, Valentine Sports Park. The award winner will receive a 2-week training trial with Sydney FC Youth Team with the chance to further their footballing career.
The season start dates are as follow:
- 18 February – Football Federation Victoria
- 26 February – Football Federation South Australia
- 27 February – Football Queensland
- 12 March – Football NSW
- 18/19 March – Football Federation Tasmania
- 19 March – Football West
- 9 April – Northern NSW Football
- 2/3 April – Capital Football
The competitions will culminate in the PS4 NPL 2016 Finals series to determine which team will receive automatic entry into the 2017 Westfield FFA Cup Round of 32.