Skullcandy’s Grind True Wireless earbuds are a superb choice if you’re looking for a pair of true wireless earbuds and you don’t want to spend more than $200. I like the power and strength of these earbuds even though they’re missing some nice-to-have features.
I like the Grind True Wireless earbuds. They tick a lot of boxes, including some I didn’t expect at this price point:
- Skull-iQ Smart Feature Technology - Take calls, change tracks, adjust volume, activate Stay-Aware Mode, launch Spotify Tap, and more from your voice.
- Over-the-Air Updates - Update your headphones via the Skullcandy app for new features and enhanced functionality
- Exceptional sound quality thanks to expertly tuned acoustic drivers, dual noise-reducing microphones and noise-isolating fit
- Battery life up to 40 hours - The earbuds last 9 hours, and the charging case lasts 31 hours
- USB-C Rapid Charging Case - Get 2 hours of battery life for 10 minutes in the case
- True Wireless with Bluetooth® 5.2Auto On/Connect - Turn it on automatically and pair with the last device you used
- Go on any adventure without missing a beat with IP55 Sweat and Water Resistant
- Built-in Tile Finding Technology: If an earbud goes missing, you can simply ‘ring’ it from your smartphone
Each earbud has a button that controls music playback, pairing with new devices, and Spotify Tap, which launches the last Spotify playlist you were listening to. Grind True Wireless doesn’t have automatic ear detection, so removing the earbuds doesn’t pause playback.
Although it comes at an affordable price, you get plenty of premium features with the Skullcandy app like Tile tracking and audio sharing with other Skull-iQ headsets. There’s a battery indicator that tells you how much charge is left in the buds, and firmware updates that download the latest security and features.
A personalised sound feature creates an EQ profile based on a hearing test, similar to what other companies do. You can also customise the sound of the earbuds with a five-band equaliser.
While listening to music, you can turn on the “stay-aware” mode to amplify environmental sounds. In addition, you can adjust the onboard button controls (one, two, or three taps). Adding this expands the touch controls and lets you take a photo, skip or go back to the previous track, adjust the volume, activate your assistant, and turn on Spotify Tap.
It’s difficult to beat the Grind True Wireless earbuds for the price. Skullcandy’s app has enough functionality for anyone, and the build quality is good enough to last. Also, the voice control makes it convenient for people with busy hands.
Before buying the Grind True Wireless, the most critical thing to determine is if you need ANC. Unless you’re constantly in noisy environments, and you just want durable true wireless earbuds that you can customise, the Grind True Wireless earbuds won’t disappoint.