Let’s be honest: the wireless earbud market has reached total saturation.
That doesn’t mean there’s a perfect earbud out there. There are just a lot of them to choose from.
Skullcandy’s newest offering to the audio market is the Indy Evo True Wireless In-Ear headphone. The Indy Evo is the more streamlined, lightweight, and better-fitting audio solution in the Indy range—so let’s see how they are standing up to the competition.
Skullcandy Indy Evo: The Pros
- Improved fit thanks to streamlined bud size
- Simple pairing with mobile devices via Bluetooth 5.0
- Excellent sound quality and solid isolation for a crisp, true audio experience
- Fast setup using either one earbud (either one!) or both
- Reliable, clear microphone for taking phone calls on the go
- Tile technology allows you to find your earbuds quickly and easily. Thankfully, Skullcandy had the foresight to make both earbuds individually traceable, so it’s a genuinely useful feature.
- 30+ hour battery life
Skullcandy Indy Evo: The Cons
- Plastic build
- Logo-heavy design doesn’t suit a minimalist aesthetic like more premium brands
- Re-pairing or pairing to new devices can be complicated
Skullcandy’s Indy Evo sits comfortably in the middle of its price bracket. Aesthetically, it’s a smaller, more streamlined pod headphone, but the sleek design is let down slightly by the all-plastic build and heavy-handed branding.
Overall, though, they hold their own in every category and we’ve got to give a special mention for the Tile functionality, water resistance, and stable fit.