D-Link has announced the first of the Omna series Apple HomeKit devices – the Omna 180 Cam HD. Integrating with Apple’s HomeKit, the Omna 180 Cam HD enables users to monitor their home whilst being away from home with an iPhone or iPad. In addition, the advanced security features of the Omna 180 Cam include strong encryption and authentication to prevent unwanted eavesdropping.
The Apple Home app allows for real-time monitoring of the camera’s environment. You can also configure notifications to be sent to the iOS device lock screen on event detection.
“Omna is the first in our range of connected home devices that uses all of D-Link’s very latest technological advancements and features. Being the first to launch an Apple HomeKit-enabled camera makes this product and those to follow even more exciting for consumers.” – Graeme Reardon, D-Link ANZ MD.
Key features of the D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD:
- Apple HomeKit enabled – Apple’s HomeKit technology makes configuring and using a breeze
- 180-Degree Field of View – a wide field of view allowing for a much larger area to be monitored
- Dynamic Video Streaming – Variable bitrate to optimise available bandwidth.
- Two-Way Audio – Communicate with the people near the camera with the built-in mic and speaker
- Night Vision – Infrared capable of seeing up to 5 meters in complete darkness
- Motion Detection – Trigger an action when motion is detected
- Local Recording – Supports microSD cards up to 128GB capacity for local recording
- Stylish Design – Modern look and feel suitable for most modern homes
With a recommended retail price of AUD$329.95 and NZ$349.95, the D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD is available now on apple.com.au / apple.co.nz. Apple stores will have availability later this month if you wanted to have a look at one in person first. Alternatively, check out our recent review of the Omna 180 Cam HD.