The next generation of business grade inkjet printers, dubbed the WorkForce Enterprise, have been launched by Epson Australia. The WorkForce Enterprise WF-C20590 A3 printer is reported to be ultra-fast, printing at 100 pages per minute and promise to deliver power and consumable savings when compared to laser printers. It’s younger sibling, the WF-C17590 is capable of 75 pages per minute.
Epson provided use with the following key features of the WorkForce Enterprise printers:
- Range includes 100ppm and 75ppm models
- High speed DualScan (simplex / duplex): 60 / 110ipm
- Low power consumption – 320W (it could be as low as 180W)
- Default 600 x 1200dpi – High print quality up to 600 x 2400dpi
- Colour, up to SRA3 size using MP tray
- Epson Open Platform ready
- High-capacity ink cartridges: K = 2 x 50K, CMY = 50K
- DuraBrite pigment inks
- 9-inch colour TP display
- 5,350 sheet (80gsm) max paper input with optional paper feed
- 4,000 sheet finisher unit available with stacking and stapling
- Nozzle Verification Technology to ensure consistent printouts
- Electrostatic transport belt, ensuring paper is completely flat when printed on
- Printing language compatibility including PDL (PCL 5/6, PostScript 3,PDF), ESC/P-Raster
“The WorkForce Enterprise represents a true revolution in office printing. It is so much more than just a printer and in fact, due to its networking capabilities, now represents an integrated document management solution at the heart of any office’s IT infrastructure. This printer also cuts the environmental impact of print by providing a low power solution, with fewer supplies, while delivering remarkably fast print speeds at high quality. Having far fewer parts than equivalent laser-based MFDs, the WorkForce Enterprise will deliver higher reliability and significantly increase printer uptime.” Craig Heckenberg, General Manager, Business Division, Epson Australia.
Energy efficient, without compromising quality, the new WorkForce Enterprise printers are built on Epson’s scalable technology found in industrial label press systems. The speed and reliability of the new range is largely due to the new full width linehead design. It is 43mm wide and contains approximately 33,500 nozzles.
Whilst pricing for the Australian range is yet to be announced, Epson have confirmed that it will be competitive with other leading brands in this segment. The WorkForce Enterprise WF-C20590 will be available from winter this year.