Whether you are a professional photographer or you create artwork on a computer, if you are looking to print high-quality images that have vivid and accurate colours for any reason, the Epson SureColor P5070 is the right printer for you.
Created as the replacement for the Stylus Pro 4900 A2 desktop inkjet printer, the SureColor P5070 is an exceptional printer. In fact, it is one of the best on the market. Designed to be used for printing in various capacities, including fine art, photos, proofs and packaging design, this printer support various types of standard and specialist media in both sheet and roll formats. It also offers 10 colour configurations and a PrecisionCore Thin Film head, complete with Variable Sized Droplet Technology, which allows you to print high-resolution images with exceptional colour quality and tone gradation. It also uses UltraChrome HDX, which is Epson’s latest all-pigmentation ink and provides the most accurate colour possible. In a nutshell, the Epson SureColor P5070 printer creates the highest quality prints and can be used in a variety of applications.
Features of the Epson SureColor P5070
The Epson SureColor P5070 printer offers a number of notable features, and it is these feature that set it apart from other printers on the market.
The features that this printer offers include:
- Professional Quality Prints – Thanks to the 2880x1440dpi TFP head with VSDT, this printer creates prints that are consistent and predictable and offer ultra-high resolution, complete with superior half tones and optimised ink density.
- Superior Colour – The 10 colour Epson UltraChrome HDX ink allows for the creation of prints that have a high dMax and very large colour gamut. It can be configured two different options; light black, which offers 98 percent Pantone, or violet, which offers 99 percent coverage.
- Exceptional Black and White – This printer creates professional quality black and white images. It automatically changes between photo and matte ink, which allows for excellent output on various type of media.
- Outstanding Image Stability – The prints created by the Epson SureColor P5070 dry exceptionally fast, which allows them to become both scratch and water resistant.
- High Versatile – This printer can be used to print a wide range of media. It handles both roll based stock that is up to 17” in size, as well as sheets that are up to A2. It also supports boards that are up to 1.5 mm thick and can do both borderless and edge-to-edge printing.
- Simple Operation – The spindles roll media loading, the easy to adjust tension control, the automatic media management system and the heavy-duty auto cutter all make this printer extremely easy to use. Other features that allow for easy operation include a colour LCD control panel that comes complete with integrated support and offers high-speed interfacing.
- Loaded with Software – The Epson SureColor P5070 comes equipped with a plug-in for various editing software, including Adobe Photoshop, Nikon View NX-I, and Adobe LightRoom. This tool is easy to use and allows you to create images that will accommodate all of your needs.
Epson SureColor P5070 specifications include:
|Max Print Width||432mm wide|
|Max Print Length||15m|
|Max Sheet Size||A2+|
|Print Head||PrecisionCore® TFP|
|Print Modes||Uni & Bi-directional|
|Print Technology||VSDT, auto head alignment, auto nozzle checking, auto cleaning, barcode print system, auto Pk & Mk switching|
|Nozzle Configuration||360 per colour|
|Max Resolution||2880 x 1440dpi|
|Min Droplet Size||3.5pl|
|Family||Epson Ultrachrome® HDX with Light Light Black or Violet 1|
|Colours||11 (Choice of Light Light Black OR Violet)*|
|PERFORMANCE (A2 sheet)|
|Draft||360 x 360dpi - 0.5 minutes|
|Normal||360 x 720dpi - 0.8 minutes|
|Fine||720 x 720dpi - 1.8 minutes|
|Super Fine||720 x 1440dpi - 3.6 minutes|
|Super Photo||2880 x 1440dpi - 7 minutes|
|Format||Roll and cut sheet|
|Size||203-432mm wide x 150mm diameter 3" core / 103mm diameter 2" core roll, A4-A2+ sheet|
|Thickness||0.08-0.5mm roll / 0.08-1.5mm sheet|
|Min Margins||0mm top, left, right & bottom roll / 3mm top, 0mm left & right, 14mm bottom sheet|
|Loading||Front manual, front cassette (up to 250 plain & 100 photo sheets), top manual, top roll (spindle style with dual tension settings), and rear manual|
|Handling||Heavy-duty rotary auto-cutter (under 5s per page) & Media Barcode System|
|Output||Front with extendable tray|
|Control Panel||2.7” Colour LCD|
|Interface||High Speed USB 2.0
Ethernet 10Base-T / 100Base-TX / 1000Base-T
|Included Software (Windows)||Printer Driver, LFP RemotePanel 2, EpsonNet Setup, EpsonNet Config, EpsonNet Print, Epson Color Calibration Utility, Installer Package, User Guide, Manual Launcher, Software Updater|
|Included Software (Mac)||Installer Package, Epson Color Calibration Utility|
|OS Compatibility||Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later, Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Win 7, Win 7 x64, Win Vista, Win Vista x64 & Win XP|
|Memory||256MB Main and 128MB Network|
|Operational Temp||10° to 35° C (15-25° C recommended)|
|Operational Humidity||20 to 80% with no condensation (40-60% recommended)|
|Power Supply||100 - 240 V, 50 Hz - 60 Hz AC, 2A|
|Power Consumption||52W Operating / Standby 20W / 5W Sleep (1000BASE-T)|
|Dimensions||Paper Basket Closed: 863mm x 766mm x 405mm (WxHxD)
Paper Basket Open: 863mm x 1134mm x 405mm (WxHxD)
|Weight||52kg (without ink)|
Design and Build Quality
The design and build quality of the Epson SureColor P5070 make this printer far superior to other printers on the market.
It is an on-demand desktop pigment inkjet printer that utilizes the Advanced Precision Core TFP 10 Channel, drop on demand print head, complete with ink-repelling coating technology. The Resolution of the prints it produces is an astounding 2800 x 1440 dpi and it produces a droplet size of 3.5 picoliteres, with a variable droplet technology that is capable of creating as many as three different sizes on each line.
The UltraChrome HDX pigment ink produces an exceptional quality of colours. A 256 MB main and 128 MB network on-board memory allows you to store your preferences with ease.
From what we can see, the Epson SureColor P5070 printer should provide exceptional performance.
Not only is the print quality reported to be great, but it also consumes minimal power. The SureColor P5070’s printing power consumption is approximately 52 watts and 2 watts when sleeping. It also has a whisper quiet operation, which means that you won’t have to be bothered by excessive noise while you are printing.
“The SureColor P5070 is the latest addition to the Epson SureColor product line, which is bringing Epson’s photographic technology to the next level. Sitting above the popular Epson SureColor SC-P800 in the range, the SureColor P5070 packs all of the SureColor printing technology into a 17-inch desktop model, providing photographers and graphic designers with the best imaging technology has to offer.” – Craig Heckenberg, General Manager, Business Division, Epson Australia.
Overall, the Epson SureColor P5070 17” printer promises to create high-quality images that are suitable for anyone who is interested in printing detailed, colour accurate images. It’s colour variations ensure the production of lifelike images and it doesn’t produce any feed or roller marks, which reduces the quality of the images that are printed.
If you are looking for a printer that will produce professional quality images in any capacity, the Epson SureColor P5070 will hopefully provide you with outstanding results. Australian readers can grab one from Epson Australia or an authorised stockist.