The BR-6428nS V3 from Edimax is a multi function, high-speed, Wi-Fi solution. It is designed to support IEEE 802.11 b/g/n standards while offering drastically greater coverage than other solutions, thanks to the 2 x high-gain antennas.
This device can be used as a range extender, as well as an access point, bridge, router and as a wireless Internet service provider (WISP), making it an extremely flexible solution that can easily meet your networking needs, no matter what they may be. Thanks to the smart iQ Setup Wizard, setting up and installing the BR-6428nS V3 from Edimax is a breeze. And, to top it all off, the performance it offers is incredible, and the price just can’t be beat!
The Edimax BR-6428nS N300 boasts a variety of functions that aim to make this a truly versatile appliance that will meet all networking needs. Though all of the features are impressive, the most notable include the following:
- Multi-Functions – The BR 6428nS V3 is a 5-in-1 device. It works as an Access Point, Range Extender, Wi-Fi Bridge & WISP.
- Smart iQ Setup – The Smart iQ Setup allows for super fast, automatic and easy installation.
- 2 x high-gain antennas – The high gain antennas allow the BR 6428nS N300 to get the most efficient wireless range and coverage. It penetrates through walls and floors with ease.
- Offers a Guest Network – The guest network allows for connectivity, yet it prevents guests from utilizing your main network.
- Green Technology – Because the Edimax BR 6428nS N300 is outfitted with the most cutting-edge green technology, which allows it to use as much as 30 percent less power than other 300 Mbps routers.
SpecificationsSpecifications of the Edimax BR-6428nS include:
|Functions||Supports router, access point, range extender, wireless bridge and WISP modes
Guest Wi-Fi network in router mode
Up to 5 SSIDs in AP mode
IGMP proxy and IGMP snooping
DDNS and DHCP
Port triggering for special applications
Virtual server and DMZ hosting
MAC/IP filter and URL blocking
iQoS for smart bandwidth management
VPN pass-through (IPSec/PPTP)
Wi-Fi schedule control
Fault tolerance firmware upgrade
|Hardware Interface||1 x RJ-45 Fast Ethernet WAN port
4 x RJ-45 Fast Ethernet LAN port
LED indicators: power, Internet, Wireless, WAN, LNK/ACT for LAN
2 x High-gain antennas
Wireless on/off switch
|WAN||Supports WISP connection mode
Supports RJ-45 cable/xDSL modems
Supports DNS Proxy
WAN protocol: PPPoE, static IP, dynamic IP, PPTP and L2TP
|Security||NAT/NAPT IP sharing
64/128-bit WEP encryption and WPA-PSK and WPA2-PSK security
QoS for critical operations
SPI anti-DoS firewall
|Output Power||11b (11Mbps): 16±1.5dBm
11g (54Mbps): 14±1.5dBm
11n (20MHz, MCS7): 14±1.5dBm
11n (40MHz, MCS7): 14±1.5dBm
|Receive Sensitivity||11b(11Mbps): -83±2dBm
11g (54Mbps): -69±2dBm
11n(20MHz, MCS7): -67±2dBm
11n(40MHz, MCS7): -64±2dBm
|Dimensions||190mm x 162mm x 42mm|
Overall, the EDIMAX BR 6428nS N300 3-in-1 Multi-Function Wi-Fi Router/ Access Point/ Range Extender is an excellent device for your networking needs. It’s easy to set up, offer great connectivity and serves various purposes. It’s also highly affordable. Overall, it’s a great purchase if you’re looking for a versatile networking tool that won’t break the bank.