D-Link have just released their latest Wireless-AC access point, the DWL-8710AP. Supporting a range of operational modes (controller managed, clustered and standalone), the DWL-8710 is an outdoor suitable access point contained in an IP67-rated plenum enclosure. In addition, the device supports PoE and contains dual Gigabit Ethernet. Coupled with the detachable antenna design, installation options are plentiful.
“Designed to offer reliable Wi-Fi service even whilst withstanding harsh weather conditions, the DWL-8710AP includes dual-band support for 802.11ac devices. All network interfaces are protected against electrical surges, enabling the device to be placed in areas where there is a risk of being struck by lightning. For easy installation, it has integrated 802.3at Power over Ethernet (PoE) support, allowing installation of this device in areas where power outlets are not readily available. The DWL-8710AP can be powered by a switch supporting standard IEEE 802.3at PoE technology, or alternatively by the PoE injector included with the access point.” Source: D-Link Australia
Key features of the D-Link DQL-8710 include:
- Support for wireless standards up to 802.11ac
- Easy to configure and manage
- Support for Wi-Fi Multmedia (WMM)
- Powerful CPU to provide solid performance
- Up to 32 Virtual Access Points (VAP) supported
- Flexible WiFi QoS schemes
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) is supported and allows for easy installation
- Limited lifetime warranty
With a recommended retail price of AUD$1,399.95, the DWL-8710AP is now available through the regular D-Link retail channel partners.