The new BX500 SSD, Crucial’s next-generation drive has been launched. It is designed as an economical upgrade for everyday users. The 2.5-inch BX500 drives are currently available in three capacities (120GB, 240GB, and 480GB).
Crucial provided us with the follow key features of the new drives:
- Compared to a 1TB WD Cavier Blue, the BX500 was 300% faster
- Better battery life with portables due to the improved energy efficiency
- Uses Micron’s 3D NAND technology
- Multistep Data Integrity Algorithm for data loss prevention
- Adaptive Thermal Monitoring tools to prevent overheating
- Dynamic Write Acceleration technology to improve write speeds
- 3-year limited warranty
The BX500 should help boost system startup times as well as application loads with a reported sequential read/write speeds of up to 540/500 MB/s. This should be great for overall system responsiveness.
“It’s time for computer users to make the transition from hard drives to solid state technology,” said Teresa Kelley, VP & GM, Micron Consumer Products Group. “SSD technology is becoming more mainstream than ever, and for those who are ready to make the switch to solid state, the Crucial BX500 offers performance and reliability at a competitive price from a brand consumers have grown to trust.”