The ASUS ROG Strix XG17AHP Portable USB Type-C Gaming Monitor isn’t your standard portable monitor.
It’s fully mobile. It’s got a 3-hour run time at a 240Hz refresh rate. It’s got a 3ms response time.
But ASUS didn’t stop there. Instead, they doubled down on a 1080P portable screen with a smart case that converts into a tripod and table stand. With USB Type-C and Micro-HDMI functionality bundled in with their ultra-customizable DisplayWidget software, ASUS has gone next-level with their monitor functionality.
So what does ultimate innovation look like? And what’s it going to cost you?
ASUS ROG Strix XG17AHP Specifications
- 17.3-inch IPS portable gaming monitor
- 16:9 aspect ratio
- 1920 x 1080 @ 240Hz resolution
- 3.5-hour battery life @ full HD
- Type-C USB charging cable
- Micro HDMI 2.0
- 3.5 mm audio jack
- The smart origami-style case allows for tripod and table-stand
The ASUS ROG Strix XG17AHP portable monitor is designed for the gaming community. With a stunning 240Hz max refresh rate and crystal clear image rendering, this monitor more than delivers on visual clarity. A 17.3″ screen is nothing to sniff at, either.
The ROG Strix offers a versatile viewing experience, too, thanks to a decent selection of modes. From FPS and sRGB, to a custom Racing mode option that focuses on high colour saturation and a 2.2 gamma for the most enjoyable in fast-paced action games.
If you need more, the ROG Strix has that, too.
DisplayWidget has a Hot Keys feature to create your custom macros, adjust visuals, improve your gaming experience, use multi-frame mode, and maintain your monitor on the go.
- Ultimate customizability
- HDMI, Type-C USB, and Type-A USB connectivity
- Crisp audio
- Clarity and premium visual experience
- Fast response time and seamless imaging even in high-speed games
- 10W maximum power consumption
- Low blue light certified to protect your eyes
- Super slim profile and narrow bezel
- The origami-style stand could be more secure – not a significant issue if you’re using the more reliable tripod
- More expensive than a premium quality desktop monitor – as in, probably a third more expensive.
The ROG Strix is the ultimate second monitor for those who don’t have room for static dual-monitor setup. Excellent graphics, crispy audio, and seamless, smooth run time for up to 3.5 hours at a time – all of this is at your fingertips with the latest portable monitor offering from ASUS.
The price point seems counter-intuitive, though, for a product tailored to gamers. But if you’ve got the disposable income and lack the desk real estate for a decent desktop monitor, the ASUS ROG Strix is a solid alternative.