Google have completed their 7.0 beta program and have officially released Android 7.0 today on selected devices. Included are the Nexus5X, Nexus6P, Nexus6, Nexus9, Nexus Player, Pixel C Tablet. These devices will receive an OTA update in the coming weeks. Not included in the list of devices receiving Nougat at are the Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 which were both released in 2013. The LG V20 will be the first device to ship with Nougat already installed.
Manufacturers and carriers haven’t committed to specific rollout plan. However Samsung have stated that the Galaxy Note 7 should receive the update in the coming months, and HTC have said that the HTC 10, HTC One A9, HTC One M9 will be receiving the Nougat update, but did not specify when.
Some of the features of 7.0 Nougat include:
- An updated keyboard with s bigger library of emojis and the ability to use two language simultaneously
- Quick switch between apps
- Multi-window view – run two apps side-by-side
- VR (Virtual Reality) support built-in
- Improved “Doze” support (better battery life)
- Vulkan™ API
- New notification shade design with customizable quick settings
- 1st class/party quick-reply/direct-reply notification support
- Automatic notification bundling – bundle notifications from the one app together
To learn more about Android 7.0 Nougat click here.